2012 AAA Accounting Behavior & Organizations Midyear Meeting
The 2012 ABO Midyear Meeting will be held at the InterContinental Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia. The meeting will commence with a doctoral consortium on Thursday, October 4, followed by the Midyear Meeting Friday and Saturday, October 5-6. A limited number of rooms have been set aside for conference participants at the rate of $179 per night, single or double occupancy. If you are planning on attending, we suggest that you reserve a room early. For more hotel information, please Click Here.
Submission & Volunteer Information:
The ABO Section is pleased to announce that the online Submission and Peer Review System (SPRS) is available to serve the ABO Section for the Midyear Meeting. At this time, the ABO Section is accepting submissions of research papers. Papers may encompass any topical area involving human or organizational behavior.
Paper Submission: Please log into the AAA ABO Section SPRS.There is $25 submission fee for all faculty members. To pay the fee, please Click Here. Once you have paid, you will be given a Submission Acknowledgement Code that you will need to enter into the SPRS when completing your paper submission. NOTE: Doctoral students are not required to pay the submission fee.
The deadline for submissions is June 15, 2012. Selection of conference papers will be announced by July 30, 2012.
To submit a paper:
- Prepare two separate documents, one for your paper, one for your abstract. If the paper is based on a field survey or experiment, please also submit the data collection instrument.
- Do not include any author name(s) or contact information in any document.
- The paper and abstract should be double-spaced, in 12-point font, with 1" margins.
- Log into the AAA ABO Section SPRS. Click "Create Program Submission", and follow the instructions within the submission form.
Volunteers: To have a successful conference we need members to review, discuss and/or moderate a research session. Therefore, if you submit a paper, you may be asked to review a paper. If your paper is accepted for the conference, you may be asked to be a discussant for someone else's paper.
If you do not plan to submit a paper for the conference, but would still like to volunteer to serve as a reviewer, discussant, and/or moderator, please follow these steps:
- Go to the AAA ABO Section SPRS.
- Once you are logged into your account, click "Modify Profile/Volunteer Information."
- Scroll down the profile page until you see the Volunteer Information drop down lists. In the drop down list for "Conference Role(s) Interested In," select those roles in which you would like to serve for the ABO Section Midyear Meeting. The meeting coordinators will search for you based upon your selections in this drop down list.
- So that the coordinators can assign you to submissions that best fit your expertise, please make selections within the other Volunteer Information drop down lists as well.
Emerging Scholar Session:
This year's conference will include an Emerging Scholar session. This session will showcase the work of new scholars while providing detailed constructive feedback from senior reviewers and discussants. Faculty who have graduated within the past three years and doctoral students are encouraged to submit their work for consideration. Please indicate the Emerging Scholar status of your paper when completing the online submission process outlined above.
Finally, the ABO awards two outstanding paper awards for $500 each: Outstanding Manuscript and Outstanding Emerging Scholar Manuscript.
2012 ABO Research Conference Program Chair